Keeping our Employees Safe During the COVID-19 Crisis
At Bel, we truly value our employees and we place their health, safety, and well-being as our top priority. The COVID-19 pandemic has created a truly unprecedented challenge for everyone, and we have taken measures to ensure our employees are as safe as possible during this time.
Over the recent days, the number of global confirmed cases of COVID-19 has increased significantly. To ensure the safety of our employees and business continuity, all preventive measures have been implemented in our plants, our subsidiaries and our headquarters. These measures comply with our internal health and safety procedures, and are aligned with the recommendations of the CDC, the WHO, and those of the government authorities of the countries where we operate.
We have therefore chosen to:
- Suspend all business travel (both international and domestic) until further notice
- Implement mandatory telecommuting for all office employees to lower the probability of the spread of COVID-19
- Require employees who have made personal trips to countries or areas designated by the CDC as Level 2 or Level 3 to remain at home for 14 days.
- Temporarily suspend visitors to our corporate office and our manufacturing sites
- Strengthen communication to our employees on hygiene measures to be taken in all of our sites
- Strengthen the cleaning actions of our sites and increase the stocks of protective equipment for our employees
These actions are effective immediately and will continue until the World Health Organization or the Center for Disease Control consider it appropriate to step back from pandemic precautionary measures.
As this crisis is very dynamic and information changes frequently, we will continue to monitor the crisis, as it evolves, to ensure we are taking the right actions to protect our employees’ health and safety. This means that we will continue to reassess and modify our crisis plan, as needed, and we will continue to keep our employees informed.
At this stage, we all have an important role to play to help keep the Coronavirus from spreading and we plan to do our part as a company.
Let’s all continue to protect the safety and well-being of our communities during this difficult time.